Can I get free samples?
If you are unfamiliar with magnets, we understand that working with these products in your design can be an interesting-- and difficult-- process. Unfortunately we are not able to provide free samples, except under certain circumstances.
However, we ARE able to offer sample packs for sale, which contain a range of rare earth magnets in popular sizes and pull strengths.
We also offer helpful online resources to assist you in choosing a product. Check out our online article: Which Magnet is Right for Me?
Aussie Magnets does not provide product design engineering advice. We are able to give you in-depth information on our magnetic products, but you will need to determine the suitability of a product independently. The best way to determine the suitability of a magnet is to purchase a small quantity (or a sample pack) and test, prototype, test, prototype and test them for yourself!
Sample packs are available for sale.
Aussie Magnets offers two sample packs available for purchase, which contain a selection of popular magnets:
- a SMALL sample pack, which includes 32 popular rare earth magnets from our smaller sizes.
- a MEDIUM sample pack, which includes 16 rare earth magnets from our mid-size range.
Our sample packs are an easy, cost effective way for you to familiarise yourself with our magnets. If you're not sure what size or strength is right for you, order a sample pack and experiment until you find the perfect combination.
So what is in a Sample Pack?
A SMALL PACK
- 4 x # 3000 Dia 3 x 1.5mm Disc(Pull Strength 246g)
- 4 x # 3020 Dia 4.75 x 1.5mm Disc(Pull Strength 370g)
- 4 x # 3030 Dia 6 x 1.5mm Disc(Pull Strength 467g)
- 4 x # 3060 Dia 6 x 3mm Disc(Pull Strength 934g)
- 4 x # 3080 Dia 8 x 5mm Disc(Pull Strength 2.1kg)
- 4 x # 3100 Dia 10 x 1.5mm Disc(Pull Strength 780g)
- 4 x # 3110 Dia 10 x 3mm Disc(Pull Strength 1.5kg)
- 4 x # 3130 Dia 12 x 1.5mm Disc(Pull Strength 934g)
- 2 x # 3135 Dia 12 x 5mm Disc(Pull Strength 2kg)
- 2 x # 3160 Dia 12 x 10mm Disc(Pull Strength 6.2kg)
- 2 x # 3165 Dia 15 x 3mm Disc(Pull Strength 2.3kg)
- 2 x # 3174 Dia 20 x 3mm Disc(Pull Strength 3.1kg)
- 2 x # 3290 Dia 6 x 6mm Rod(Pull Strength 1.8kg)
- 2 x # 3330 Dia 10 x 10mm Rod(Pull Strength 5.2kg)
- 2 x # 3310 Dia 6.35 x 12.7mm Rod(Pull Strength 4.19kg)
- 2 x # 3350 Dia 10 x 16mm Rod(Pull Strength 8.3kg)
I'm still stumped. Help me!
If you're absolutely lost, we are available by email to give you suggestions on where you might want to get started. Visit the Contact Us page. We are magnet experts, but we can't be your product design engineers! While our email pointers can certainly be helpful, you'll ultimately have to test the actual magnets yourself in your specific application!